Part-time - 25 hours per week - 6 month contract with possibility of extension
Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library is establishing a community focused Makerspace in a new space called The Makery.
The Makery Programmer will research, create, implement and evaluate engaging interactive programs for school aged children and adult customers in emergent technologies and maker space focused activities. Their awareness and passion for one-on-one and small group instruction will combine with creativity and passion to develop unique programs designed to teach and inspire independent use of The Makery.
• Active interest in current technologies and devices such as: basic coding, 3D printing technologies, Vinyl Cutters, Laser Cutters, Adobe Creative Suite or similar design software. Green screen technologies, and video and sound recording/editing
• Minimum college diploma or university degree
• Well-developed interpersonal, presentation, public relations and customer service skills
• Ability to adapt to flexible work schedules
• Ability to accurately perform detailed work in an environment where interruptions are constant
• Awareness of current library trends particularly those involving the maker movement
Compensation: $23.94 per hour