Using One Click Digital
Accessing One Click Digital
1. Click on the One Click Digital thumbnail from our eResources page.
2. Register for an account by clicking Register on the top right of the One Click Digital home page.
3. Remember your Username and Password
4. Once your account is created browse One Click to find a desired eAudio title. If you can’t find what you’re looking for you can request a purchase on our website.
5. Click on a desired book and click check out or hold. You can see what items you have checked out or put on hold by clicking on your name on the top right and clicking My Titles.
6. When an item is checked out, it will automatically download.
7. If you are using your personal computer, you will have to download the One Click Digital Media Manager in order to play the downloaded files.
8. If you need to download the app or the PC application, the downloads can be found under Browse > Help.
Download One Click Digital Media Manager (for PC users)
1. Go the following link(https://notlpublibon.oneclickdigital.com/#help) and click on the appropriate icon(windows or mac) OR on the One Click Digital website, click Browse > Help.
2. Download the application and open it.
3. Click Next > Accept & Next > Install > Finish
4. When the program is installed, you will need to select your library and enter your login credentials used for One Click Digital.
5. Once logged in, you will be able to open your downloaded books.
6. Under each book there is a transfer button. The program will automatically detect any connected devices and attempt to make the transfer.
Using the App (iOS, Android, Kobo, Kindle Fire)
1. Download the One Click Digital app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store.
2. If you have not registered, you will have to do so at https://notlpublibon.oneclickdigital.com/ 3. Browse items the same as you would on the website.
4. When an item is checked out, it will appear under ‘My Titles’ on the top left.
5. On the My Titles screen, you can download any of your items or listen to them via your internet connection.
For additional assistance, see One Click Digital Help.