In compliance with the Shutdown and Stay-at-Home orders Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library is closed to the public but continues to offer curbside pick up by appointment only. Virtual programming continues as scheduled.
IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE, PLEASE EITHER:
• EMAIL US NOTLLIBRARY@GMAIL.COM OR
• CALL US 905.468.2023, LEAVE A VOICEMAIL AND WE WILL RETURN YOUR CALL
- LiNC Materials
- Book Bundles
- Phone support by calling 905.468.2023
- Email support by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virtual Programs and Events. Click here
- Digital Library & eresources (available 24/7 from the comfort of your home). Click here
- Remote access to Ancestry
- Exterior return slot open 24/7
BY RESERVATION ONLY
- Curbside Pick Up. Click here
- Tech Tutoring (email Christine email@example.com or call 905.468.2023)
WHAT'S NOT AVAILABLE
- In-person visits
- Computer Appointments
- In-person library programs
- Toys & play areas in our Children's Department
- Lounge & common seating areas
- Extended library visits
- Newspapers & Magazines
- Book Sale
- Study Rooms and meeting room rentals
- Interlibrary Loans
- St. Davids Lockers
- Virgil Lending Library & Lockers
Check out the FAQs below for answers to your questions. Need help? Contact us!
Is it safe to borrow library materials during the COVID-19 outbreak
We are taking all precautions to ensure that materials on our shelves and those that are returned to us are safe to be handled by members of the public.
All of our returned materials are quarantined for 96 hours.
Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library continues to evolve and adjust our plans as new information comes to light and public health measures change. The current direction from the Provincial Government has indicated that returned items should have a period of quarantine out of an abundance of caution. In an abundance of caution, libraries, including NOTLPL, are choosing a long quarantine.
Until we have further direction and information provided, we will not completely eliminate the quarantining of materials, but look forward to shortening the quarantine time which will keep library materials moving more efficiently for our customers.
If you are feeling unwell or if any member of your household is sick or in isolation, we ask that you refrain from borrowing library materials. This will help us all feel more comfortable and confident with the safety of our collections.
How are you ensuring the safety of customers and staff?
The health and safety of our staff and our customers is our top priority. Here are the measures we are taking:
- Staff wear appropriate personal protective equipment including face masks or coverings
- Physical distancing protocols in place
- Returned materials are isolated for 96 hours
- Increased cleaning schedule including disinfecting of high touch surfaces
- Staff training on safety measures
How do I return items to the library?
ALL items must be returned through the external return slot which is open 24/7.
To ensure that our collections are safe we will continue to isolate ALL returned items for at least 96 hours. As a result of placing returned items under 96-hour isolation, it could take 5 to 7 days for items to be removed from your library account. No fines will be incurred during this period.
Can I bring in book donations?
At this time, we are not accepting book donations or any other items.
Will there be fines charged on my overdue items?
There are currently no overdue fines at NOTLPL. This will continue into 2021.