Fall Programs: September 16th. Register online at notlpubliclibrary.org
- Babies and Books
- Steam Story Time
- Minecraft Club
- Monthly Maker Club
- Bring-Your-Own Makery Series
- PA Days
- Saint John's Ambulance Courses
- Ontario Public Library Week
- The Wild
- Monster Party
- Library Hours
Mondays, 11am to 11:45am, ages 0 to 2. Starts September 23rd, No registration required
Sing, play and laugh with your baby while sharing books, rhymes, and tickles. This is a fun introduction to story time that your baby will love.
Tuesdays, 9am to 11 am, ages 0 to 2. Starts September 23rd
This drop-in program is intended for moms, dads, and primary caregivers of infants and toddlers up to 2 years. Soft play equipment and a variety of toys will be available. Come play, unwind, and connect!
Wednesdays, 11am to 11:45 am, ages 2 to 4. Starts September 25th, Registration required
This is story time with a twist! In addition to the traditional story time fun, we will explore areas of science, technology, engineering, art, and math through simple and engaging activities!
Therapy Tails with Jasper!
Thursdays, 4:30pm to 5:30pm, all ages. No registration required
Perfect for children who are nervous about dogs, looking for sensory stimulation, need practice reading out loud or just want to hang out and relax with a furry friend.
Thursdays, 4pm to 5pm, ages 6 and up. Starts September 5th, Registration required
Plan, build, explore, destroy, and build again in the wonderful world of Minecraft. Play alone or team up with others to create a whole new world! 2 dollars at the door.
Thursdays, 6pm to 7pm, ages 6 and up. Starts September 26th
Come tinker, build, think and problem solve with us! From Ozobots to Bloxels, marble runs to Lego, new ideas and technology will be explored each week! This is a drop-in program for children ages 6 and up. Children under 8 must be accompanied by an adult.
Mondays, 4pm to 5pm, ages 6 to 12. 5 dollars per child, Registration required.
Join us each month to make a super cool project in The Makery! All materials provided!
Please register online for all Monthly Makers programs at notlpubliclibrary.org
- Mini Keepsake Box, Monday September 30th. Learn new techniques to stain a wooden pencil box and stencil your name using acrylics on canvas
- Autumn Landscape Painting, Monday October 28th. Use acrylics in warm tones to create a beautiful autumn landscape
- Fall Leaf Diorama Dome, Monday November 25th. Create a sculptural fall leaf diorama using watercolours and cardstock!
- Everlasting Gingerbread House, Monday December 30th. Decorate a simple faux wooden gingerbread house with special techniques!
Mondays 4pm to 5pm, ages 8 to 12. 2 dollars per child, Registration required.
Bring your own item each workshop and create a super-cool project in The Makery!
- Reclaimed Jewelery Collage Frame, Monday September 23rd. Bring a frame and dig through our reclaimed costume jewelery bin to decorate and repaint a decorative frame! Bring your own 5 by 7 or 4 by 6 frame!
- Pebble Pumpkin Patch, Monday October 21st. Bring in smooth rocks no bigger than the palm of your hand and pebbles that we will transform into pumpkins using acrylics! Bring your own 4 to 6 smooth rocks
- Vinyl Decal Pillowcases, Monday November 18th. Bring in a clean pillowcase that will be decorated with our monogram and other fun decals printed on the cricut maker! Bring your own clean pillowcase.
- Mason Jar Winter Diorama, Monday December 23rd. Use your imagination to create mini winter worlds in mason jars with miniatures printed on our 3D printer! Bring your own 2 to 16 ounce mason jars with lids
Friday October 11th
- Quirky Turkey. Use acrylics to paint a wooden turkey! Be sure to dress for mess! Ages 6 to twelve, 9:30am to 10:30am. costs 5 dollars, registration required.
- Club Code. Ozobots! Bloxels! Hour of Code! Love tech? come explore with us! Ages 6 and up, 11:30am to 12:30pm free, but registration is required.
- Mario Kart tournament. Grab a controller and challenge your friends to the ultimate MARIO KART showdown! Ages 6 and up, 1pm to 3pm, free but registration is required.
Friday November 15th
- Yeti painting on canvas. Are you yeti for this? Come paint a friendly Yeti using acrylics on canvas. Be sure to dress for mess! Ages 6 to twelve, 10am to 11:30am, costs 5 dollars, registration required.
- Club Code. Ozobots! Bloxels! Hour of Code! Love tech? come explore with us! Ages 6 and up, 12:30pm to 1:30pm free, but registration is required.
- PA Day flix. The Secret Life of Pets 2. All Ages, 2pm to 3:30pm, free but registration required.
Home Alone Course. Saturday October 19th, 9:30am to 12:30pm. Ages 9 to 10, costs 40 dollars, registration required.
This course is designed for the 9 and 10 year old group, to help prepare them to deal with unforeseen emergencies and staying safe in times where they may find themselves alone for short periods of time. Participants will learn how to deal with phone calls and visitors, recognize hazards and follow home safety procedures, first aid basics, healthy eating, fire safety and how and when to use 911 to obtain emergency help.
Saturday November 2nd, 9:30am to 4:30pm. Ages 11 to 14, costs 50 dollars, registration required.
This award-winning course is designed for students aged 11-14 and teaches new babysitters the skills necessary to care for infants, toddlers and pre-schoolers. It emphasizes safety, dealing with emergencies and first aid basics.
October 20th to th 26th
- Author Visit Stephen Bushnik. Friday October 25th, 4:00pm to 4:45pm. Come listen to Local Author Stephen Bushnik read from his collection of books including "Troll and Fairy" Ages 5 to 12, FREE but registration required
- Library Mouse Story Time. Tuesday October 22nd, 4:30pm to 5:30pm Celebrate Library week with a special storytime. Ages 4 to 8, free but registration required
- Monster Party. Sunday October 27th, 1pm to 2pm Join us at the library for a Monsteriffic good time! Ages 5-10, costs 5 dollars, registration required
Drop in literacy activities available all week in the children's section! Return to links list
Fridays, 10:30am to 11:15 am. Ages 2 to 5.
Join us as we journey into the vast wilds of Niagaraon- the-Lake! We will hike, dig holes, build shelters, use compasses, catch frogs, and find bugs.
This is a family program that will run off library grounds in all weather. Please dress appropriately and we will meet you at the week's location. Please see our website or contact Kasia at email@example.com for specific locations.
- Friday September 27th Hike to the Lake
- Friday October 25th Bug Hunters
- Friday November 29th Learn to Use a Compass
- Friday December 20th The Firepits
Sunday October 27th, 1pm to 2pm, ages 5 to 10. Costs 5 dollars, registration required.
Join us at the library for a not-so-scary monster party! Read monster stories, make some monster crafts and have a monster-rific good time!
Friday December 13th, 4pm to 4:45pm, ages 4 to 7. Free but registration required.
Wear your pj's and bring your favourite stuffed animal for a story and then tuck them in for the night at the library. Come pick up your stuffy in the morning, but don't forget to check our social media to see what kind of mischief they get up to when no one is watching!
- Monday, 9am to 8pm
- Tuesday, 9am to 8pm
- Wednesday, 9am to 8pm
- Thursday, 9am to 8pm
- Friday, 9am to 5pm
- Saturday, 9am to 5pm
- Sunday, 1pm to 4pm
Check the Library's website for our holiday hours and the most up to date program information.