LIBRARY SERVICE ASSOCIATE (LSA) - LOCAL HISTORY
30 Hours per week (Temporary -17 weeks- beginning November 2017)
Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library is seeking a recent graduate of a Library Technician, Archival Program or related field to manage our local history digitization project.
As part of Niagara-on-the-Lake Public Library’s Local History Digitisation project, the role of the Local History LSA is to prepare historic materials for digitization, to scan using specialist equipment and upload the scanned image and metadata to the library’s heritage portal. The role also involves liaising with community members and library staff to promote the project.
• Recent graduate of Library Technician Program, Archival Studies Program or related field
• General knowledge of archival practices and standards
• Excellent attention to detail
• Experience using scanning and copying hardware
• Interest in pursuing a career in Archives management
Please email resume and cover letter
by 5pm on Friday November 3rd, 2017 to:
Laura Tait, Library Manager